Looking for a career that is both rewarding and challenging? Starting a career at Carey Design Build is a great choice. At Carey Design Build, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a highly experienced and dedicated team of professionals passionate about creating high-end builds. With a career at Carey, you’ll have the chance to make your mark in the community while developing your skills and advancing your career. Carey Design Build is the newest and fastly growing Design Build Firm in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
At Carey Design Build, the role of a Carpenter holds significant importance in the successful completion of our projects. As a Carpenter, you will play a pivotal role in our team, demonstrating a strong work ethic, adaptability, self-motivation, and a positive attitude. Your commitment to gaining expertise in all facets of residential remodeling and construction is crucial. Additionally, you will work closely with our Lead Carpenter, learning from their experience and supporting them in daily construction tasks to ensure project timelines, budgets, and safety standards are upheld.
Responsibilities that come along with the job will include:
• Assist Lead Carpenter in setting up and maintaining jobsite safety protocols and protection.
• Assist Lead Carpenter with construction and remodeling project tasks including, but not limited to, framing, windows, siding, soffit & fascia, doors & hardware, casework, trim work, and decking.
• Attend courses on carpentry.
• Learn, practice, and teach essential carpentry skills on the job.
• Maintain a safe work environment.
• Set up and maintain tools for your supervising carpenter.
• Able to problem-solve and troubleshoot.
• Solve math problems quickly and accurately.
• Adheres to local building and safety codes and guidelines.
• Ensures the accuracy of work by checking completed projects with tools such as levels, surveying equipment, or framing squares; corrects problems as needed.
• Maintain and represent company protocols, standards of quality, and uphold the company mission statement and core values.
• Always represent Carey Design Build in a cordial and positive manner both on the job and in public.
• Entrepreneurial with a self-starting personality; ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and effectively execute in a fast-paced work environment.
•Detail oriented with a focus on delivering high-quality results.
• Ability to work and communicate professionally and effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
• Respectful of other people’s homes and personal property
• Ability to understand directions and read blueprints.
• Ability to solve mathematical problems quickly and accurately.
• Ability to properly care for and use tools of the trade.
• Thorough understanding of carpentry principles and methods.
• Works well as part of a team.
• Prolonged periods of standing, climbing, bending, and kneeling.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
• Must be able to safely work with sharp tools or power equipment.
• Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and terrains.
• Must have manual dexterity, a good sense of balance, and excellent hand-eye coordination.
The Designer/Project Developer is responsible for gathering information from the sales staff and Lead Designer to create accurate drawings and scope of work for the budget and estimate of the project. After the sales staff closes the construction project, it is this individual’s responsibility to assist the Lead Designer in completing accurate construction drawings, project scope and to coordinate all activities related to the actual project, including material, labor, and subcontractors. This person is responsible for maintaining customer satisfaction throughout the project within the means of the contract.
• Follow and help improve the Carey Design Build design process.
• The Designer/Project Developer is responsible for creating and maintaining project as-builts.
• The Designer/Project Developer is responsible for assisting the Lead Designer in creating accurate conceptual drawings for customer review and acceptance.
• The Designer/Project Developer will be required to send concept drawings to trade contractors for project estimates on the work they will be performing.
• The Designer/Project Developer is responsible for researching construction materials and techniques used on the projects and providing specifications to the Project Managers, Lead Carpenters, and trade contractors about the project, including the type of fixtures, materials, and techniques that were researched and required.
• The Designer/Project Developer is responsible for assisting the Lead Designer in completing the construction drawings to the specifications agreed upon by the sales staff and the customer. All completed construction drawings will have the correct information for permitting and construction, with all engineering complete. Drawings are to be completed in accordance with all company policies, procedures, and building codes.
• The Designer/Project Developer is responsible for assisting the lead carpenter with ordering jobsite material.
• The Designer/Project Developer is responsible for assisting the Lead Designer in ordering all special order materials approved by the Lead Designer and placing orders in a timely fashion, allowing the vendor to deliver the items ahead of your work schedule.
• The Designer/Project Developer will assist the lead carpenter and Production Manager in instituting change orders required as the construction project progresses.
Requirements and Experience:
• Must have good knowledge of home construction, computers, and software.
• Must also have good communication, job coordination, and supervisory skills.
• The ability to interact and communicate with crews, subcontractors, and clients is crucial to this position.
• Must be available for extended work hours as required.
• Must maintain a professional image, and demonstrate a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
• Continually enhances personal and professional development.
• Two or more years of experience in residential architecture with at least two years in remodeling.
• Bachelor of Architecture degree; preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Proven proficiency in the currently used architectural design and drawing software programs (Revit, Chief Architect, or Sketch-up).
• Team player with a positive “can do” attitude.
• Proven problem-solving abilities.
• Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
At Carey Design Build, we offer many career opportunities to talented and motivated individuals in Dickinson County. Whether you’re looking for a job as a Designer, Construction Salesperson, or Carpenter, you’ll be able to work with a passionate team of professionals dedicated to creating beautiful and functional designs and builds. If you’re looking for a rewarding and challenging career, look no further than Carey Design Build.
For more information about joining the team, email: firstname.lastname@example.org